Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

St Anne’s Museum
St. Annen-Straße 15
23552  Lübeck

Fax: 0451/1224183
E-Mail: mq@luebeck.de

Opening Hours

Jan.-March. Tue-Sun 11 am – 5 pm
April-Dec. Tue-Sun 10 am – 5 pm

The museum is located in a former Augustinian convent from the early 16th century. It houses the most important collection of medieval carved altars in Germany. Among them is an outstanding Passion altar by Hans Memling from 1491. Panels and sculptures from the 14th to the 16th century supplement the section of religious art. The section on home décor is on the upper floor. Rooms furnished in the style of different epochs show how the citizens of the Hanseatic town lived from medieval times up to 1800. Exquisite furniture, splendid glassware, silverware, chinaware and faïence give evidence of the wealth and taste of inhabitants of the „Queen of the Hansa“. In addition, there is a toy section.