|Back to the search|
Daily, Wed, Sat and Sun 2-6 p.m.
The Langes Tannen museum area - heritage of the Lange family of mill owners - consists of a group of listed buildings: a classicist manor house from the early 19th century, a barn from 1762 and the octagonal mill base from 1796, as well as several outbuildings. The group of buildings is idyllically embedded in an area of 26 ha, characterised by woods, meadows, fields and spring ponds. Since the opening of the museum in 1985, the Lange family's house inventory, which mainly dates from the 19th century, has been presented in the manor house under the theme "Bourgeois Domestic Culture in Northern Germany".
The barn was the museum's exhibition centre until it was destroyed by arson on 10 October 2021. Until it is rebuilt, the manor house, which has been cleared of furniture, now offers an extraordinary setting for all of the museum's temporary exhibitions with the charm of its historical architecture.
In the mill base, the "Café Langes Mühle", furnished with historical furniture, awaits visitors with homemade cakes.
Adults 2,- €,
Groups from 10 pers. per person 1,50 €,
children up to 15 years free
Annual ticket 10,- €
Guide on the museum
The museum is run by the town of Uetersen, Wassermühlenstraße 7, 25436 Uetersen, Tel. 04122-714216.
Support association Museum Langes Tannen e.V.
Chairman: Ludwig Schröder, Tornescher Weg 105 , 25436 Uetersen, Tel. 04122/7079, email@example.com
Arriving by car
By car: federal road B 431: Hamburg - Wedel - Uetersen - Elmshorn.
Find more museums…
of the type: Art/Applied Arts Regional history/Town history Folklore/Local history
of the region: Pinneberg